As the title of the article suggests, is attendance management systems overlooked by HR Managers in the Middle East region?
While many large enterprises have taken employee attendance seriously, there is not enough data to ascertain the same in the regions’ booming Mid and Small market segments.
Studies show Employee Attendance is often not considered an important part of Human Resource Management yet plays an important role in Payroll management including compensation and benefits.
Let us see a few facts about Manual Payroll management without Attendance Management Systems.
PAYROLL PROCESSING TIME
In a typical scenario, where there is only punch in/out data available, most probably in an Excel sheet, the HR team does the following. Before doing this, the HR team would have to keep track of number of salaried employees, no of casual workers, interns, employees eligible for overtime etc.
– Collate all punch in /out data from the device management software.
– Run the preprogramed excel sheet for wage calculation.
– Copy employee’s regular and Overtime hours- This is exhausting work! Typically, an experienced HR Executive having run the same task repeatedly can complete this task in about 2 to 3 minutes per employee.
– Get all the attendance related data in the excel sheet which then goes to the Finance department which will then run the payroll system.
– Inaccuracy of data due to manual calculation.
– Inaccuracy in Overtime data.
– Valuable time lost from HR department.
Apart from the above facts, there are certain below mentioned misuses which are associated with not having a good Attendance Management system.
– Buddy punching
– Manipulation of policies
– Lack of visibility in absenteeism.
With a good Attendance Management system, an organisation can utilize the system to drive attendance policies and ensure adherence to policies. HR department can be freed from one mundane task of Payroll preparation to do better things for the organisations.